Instagram 1-855-RAY-HUNT 1-855-729-4868


Customer SupportFAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Hunting Property FAQAccess Permit FAQ
  • What are the benefits of this program?
    • This permit program creates a different kind of recreational opportunity for sportsmen on our property. When you buy a permit, you will have greater access and more freedom to hunt, fish, camp, drive and ride than anywhere else on our land. Permits will be limited in order to provide a more secluded experience, and to improve the quality of the hunt over time.
  • How do I access the property?
    • Gates to the property will generally be kept closed when not in use for timber hauling. You will be issued a key that will give you access to the property at all times during the permit season. You will also be issued vehicle and individual passes to identify you as a permittee.
  • When can I access the property?
    • Any time during the valid dates of your permit season.
  • What can I do on the property?
    • Hunt deer, elk, bear and other legal game. Fish for salmon, steelhead and trout. Come and go as you please. Self-contained camping. Ride ATVs on existing roads (subject to some limitations). Place game cameras, tree stands and blinds.
  • Will the general public still be able to access the property?
    • No, the Salmon and Fossil Creek properties are now only available to permit holders.
  • What licenses or tags do I need?
    • This permit is for access only. You will need to have a valid Washington State hunting license and tags appropriate for the season you are hunting.
  • Where can I drive?
    • Most of the property will be available for motor vehicle access. Some areas will remain closed to motorized access for either safety or game management purposes. Obey all signage: an open gate does not necessarily mean a road is open to motorized use.
  • Can I ride my ATV?
    • You can ride an ATV, but only in conjunction with hunting and on existing gravel roads (subject to some limitations and specific permit areas). Maintain a safe speed and do not ride on roads with active hauling.
  • Can I target practice?
    • You may sight in your rifle, but other forms of target or recreational shooting are not allowed.
  • Can I have a guest?
    • Companions are allowed but are subject to terms and conditions of your permit. Your companion(s) must remain in your company and adults must have a companion permit on their person at all times. Only one vehicle is allowed.
  • Can I camp?
    • You may camp, but choose your campsite carefully. Do not block roads. Do not camp near active operations. Do not camp near slash piles (they may be burned anytime). Camps must be self-contained with means to properly dispose of human waste. All traces of your camp must be removed by the end of the permit season. If you have any concerns about your camp location, call 855-729-4868.
  • Can I have a campfire?
  • Can I cut firewood?
    • You may cut firewood during designated times for personal use only. Do not cut trees that are still attached to the roots, regardless of whether they are standing or down. Do not cut logs from decks.
  • What do I do if I encounter logging, road construction, or other activities?
    • As this is a working forest, there are many forestry activities that you may encounter on the property. For your safety, stay clear of all logging, road construction, slash burning and herbicide applications. Herbicide applications will be marked with signage--avoid these areas during the indicated dates. Be aware of where there are slash piles, as may be burned at any time. Many people work in the woods--follow good hunting ethics when shooting. Be alert and watch for truck traffic--trucks always have the right of way. Avoid driving roads with active hauling. Always drive with your headlights on. We strongly recommend that you use a CB radio to announce your presence--CB channels are posted on most roads. Most roads also have numeric markers so you can indicate your location. Indicate that you are a pickup, and whether you are inbound (driving away from town) or outbound (toward town). For instance: "Pickup in at the 2 marker."
  • What do I do if I am locked in or out?
    • Call 800-753-3000 and security will be dispatched immediately.
  • What do I do if I encounter trespassers?
    • Consider your safety first and avoid confrontation. Safely record as much information as you can, such as vehicle description, license plate, description of the individual(s), time and place. Call 800-753-3000.
  • What if I lose my permit?
    • Call 855-729-4868 as soon as possible.
  • What if I lose my key?
    • It is VERY important to take care of your key. You will be charged a $25.00 fine for a lost key, regardless of the circumstances. If the situation warrants it, you may also lose your permit without a refund. However, accidents do happen, so if you lose your key please call 855-729-4868 immediately and we will consider replacing it. We recommend you keep your key along with your car keys--do not leave your key unattended. You are responsible for it, even if it is stolen.
  • Who do I call if I have a question or problem?
    • If you have a medical emergency call 911. To report a wildfire, call 360-533-7000. For all other after-hours emergencies, call 800-753-3000. For all other matters, please call 855-729-4868.

Contact Rayonier Hunting